Setting up mail client
Setting up an email client is a pretty straight forward process. However there can be some challenges in setting it up correctly. We at Abacus Desk do provide remote assitance and guidance in setting up your email clients. Following are the step by step procedure for setting it up correctly.
- Open Outlook
- Select “Tools” from the Top Menu.
- Click “Email Accounts” from the Tools menu. You would see the Wizard.
- Click “Add a new email account.” and then Click “Next.”
- Now this is important step, Choose server type. Most of the times it would be POP3, but for some servers it can be HTTP or IMAP too. Click “Next.”
- Fill up the Mail settings:
Your Name – Fill up the complete name, This is how it would appear in the Recipient Mail Box.
PasswordIncoming mail server (ex: mail.abacusdesk.com) – this is your mail server address where your mails are recived.Outgoing mail server (ex: mail.abacusdesk.com) – this is your Send Mail address, It can be the one from your ISP or from your hosting company.
- Test account settings will ensure that the mail servicse are working fine. Click the “Test Account Settings.” You may need to adjust some of your settings. To do so, click “More Settings.” After settings are correct, click “Next.”
Some outgoing servers, require authentication. This is just to ensure that there is no spam abuse of your account. To activate this setting:
Click “More Settings”
Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab
Check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
In most cases select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” radio button.
Congratulations your email client is setup.